Monday, January 29, 2007

Almost February

Hi- It's amazing to me that it's already February. Where did the whole month of January go? We still haven't had any 2 hour delays or snow days for the entire "winter season". If there does happen to be a snow day, I still have to "work" which would mean reporting to a Harbor site and sitting around all day. So, I usually would take a "vacation" day, but it doesn't matter to me. I just enjoy the day off. But, it doesn't look like one of those will be happening anytime soon. So, what else is up in the life of the Stott's? Aaron is in need of work again. Or direction. The feat of opening up his own business has put us in quite a lot of debt. With business being unpredictable, it's hard to pay it off. So, he's once again in the quandry of getting a part-time job or waiting for work to come his way. He knows he has work once March comes around, but February is another story. Please pray for him...that he would have guidance and direction and that God would bless the work of his hands. I'm enjoying my job which is a blessing. One of the best parts of it, is that this is my 3rd school year with the same batch of kids. I've developed some great relationships with them, and I truly enjoy their company. I only work with 4 girls out of the 36 kids I work with. I've been giving out old trophies to the kids as incentives. If they receive 15 point sheets (a daily behavior chart) of 95% or higher, they earn a trophy. They LOVE working toward a trophy. A teacher's aide friend had given me a whole box of old motorcross bike trophies that her son had earned growing up. They were in her attic and she didn't know what to do with them. The sad part, was that a few years ago, her son died in a car accident. I'm sure it was hard for her to part with them, but the kids are sooo enjoying them now. Well, that's a little glimpse into my day from 8 to 4. Thanks for reading, and thanks for the prayers! Love, Missy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home