Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Break from the Norm

Hi Everyone- Well...I'm recovering from our break from the norm. We got a surprise (kind of) visit from Aaron's littlest sister, Megan, and her husband Joel. They have 2 cute little ones...Corbin who is 2 1/2 now, and Kayden who is over 5 months now. They arrived on Saturday in time for dinner and just left this morning. Aaron and I got immersed in the life of what it's like to have 2 little ones under the age of 2 1/2. It's quite a challenge and quite busy! There is hardly ever a moment of stillness. Thankfully, Megan has them on an awesome bedtime schedule of around 8:00...so we did have a bit of time together after 8. Poor little Kayden is trying to cut teeth so she was a little miserable but was smiley for lots of her visit too. Corbin went stir crazy quickly in a house with no baby toys. Megan did come prepared with a box of toys for him, but it was funner to play with my can opener, timer, and spices ("shake shake shake"-Corbin). So...now that they're gone, I found Corbin's precious timer next to the stairs, and his 3D glasses that Uncle Aaron gave him by the couch. I truly value quietness now. I'm sitting in a quiet house with no TV and no other human being. I'm just listening to soft, quiet, wonderful praise/worship music. It's wonderful. I know that our lives will definitely change once we have children. I'm sure it'll take me awhile to adjust....I won't be able to check my email whenever I want or go to bed whenever I want. It will no longer be me...but my priority will be my children...(after God and my husband). So...those are my thoughts as of now. I'm praying/hoping for an awesome night of uninterrupted, sleep-straight-through-till-morning kind of sleep. Thanks for reading and have a blessed day! Missy :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said! Your life is definitely no longer your own once you have a baby, but you happily give it up.. well, most of the time. :-) I'll bet you all had a blast with the little ones there, you're both so great with kids! love, Heidi

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home