Isn't it ironic
Hi...I know...it's been awhile since I posted. The funny thing is...I really enjoy reading other people's blogs. When I have a free moment, I check to see if they're updated. My sister has a blog which I enjoy reading because it includes silly stories of my nieces, Chloe and Maya. My friend Wendy has a blog where she posts adorable pictures of her adorable 1 1/2 year old little girl. I enjoy reading Craig's blog because it usually involves deep insight into an issue. Heidi's blog has adorable pictures of little Skylar who turned 1 in August. So....I appreciate those of you who update on a regular basis. It's fun for me!!!
Regarding my life, I've been busy with the usual. I didn't have play practice last Saturday?!! so I got to baby sit Maya who is a big 7 months old today. She fell asleep in my arms for her nap so I held her for 40 minutes while I played with her adorable little self. I was stroking her head/the side of her face to help her fall/stay asleep. I was playing with her little chubby legs...her super dark brown hair. She was just precious to hold. Just wait till' I have a baby to hold and cuddle!!
On another note and completely off the subject....
I hate cleaning my house and especially doing dishes. So, I've found something that seems to work for me. Every night at 6:30, Nancy Leigh DeMoss (an awesome Christian speaker/writer) is on WPOS (102.3 FM) for her "Revive our Hearts" radio program. I really love listening to her and I never really get to listen unless I'm in the car on the way to play practice at 6:30, and happen to find it. So, I discovered....if I'm home at 6:30, I drop everything I'm doing, turn the radio on in the kitchen and listen to Nancy Leigh DeMoss from 6:30-7:00. It helps me to not think about what I'm doing (doing the dishes), and be encouraged as well. What's funny is....if it's 6:50 and the dishes are done, I still hang around the kitchen cleaning up so I can listen to the rest of it. The bummer is...if I'm not home at 6:30, then it's likely that the dishes will NOT get done that day, because I don't have my inspiration to do them.
Aaron and I celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday. It was a small little feast (just him and I) because we couldn't afford to invite a lot of people this year. I just bought turkey tenderloins and put them in the slow cooker. I made mashed potatoes (where you literally mash the real potatoes with a potato masher), homemade gravy (made with cornstarch....Aaron likes it made with flour the way his Mom always made them. This Monday though he said that the gravy looked good...wahoo!), corn, stovetop stuffing, and canned cranberry sauce. I volunteered to make an apple or pumpkin pie, but Aaron said he didn't want either. I had made banana chocolate chip bread the night before, so that could serve as a nice dessert. I still have a slew of apples though that I need to use for something.
I taught my last adult ballet class last night. The next session starts in a few weeks. It was enjoyable and a good workout for me as well!
Well...I guess that's all. Thanks for listening and forgive me for not writing sooner! Missy :)
Regarding my life, I've been busy with the usual. I didn't have play practice last Saturday?!! so I got to baby sit Maya who is a big 7 months old today. She fell asleep in my arms for her nap so I held her for 40 minutes while I played with her adorable little self. I was stroking her head/the side of her face to help her fall/stay asleep. I was playing with her little chubby legs...her super dark brown hair. She was just precious to hold. Just wait till' I have a baby to hold and cuddle!!
On another note and completely off the subject....
I hate cleaning my house and especially doing dishes. So, I've found something that seems to work for me. Every night at 6:30, Nancy Leigh DeMoss (an awesome Christian speaker/writer) is on WPOS (102.3 FM) for her "Revive our Hearts" radio program. I really love listening to her and I never really get to listen unless I'm in the car on the way to play practice at 6:30, and happen to find it. So, I discovered....if I'm home at 6:30, I drop everything I'm doing, turn the radio on in the kitchen and listen to Nancy Leigh DeMoss from 6:30-7:00. It helps me to not think about what I'm doing (doing the dishes), and be encouraged as well. What's funny is....if it's 6:50 and the dishes are done, I still hang around the kitchen cleaning up so I can listen to the rest of it. The bummer is...if I'm not home at 6:30, then it's likely that the dishes will NOT get done that day, because I don't have my inspiration to do them.
Aaron and I celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday. It was a small little feast (just him and I) because we couldn't afford to invite a lot of people this year. I just bought turkey tenderloins and put them in the slow cooker. I made mashed potatoes (where you literally mash the real potatoes with a potato masher), homemade gravy (made with cornstarch....Aaron likes it made with flour the way his Mom always made them. This Monday though he said that the gravy looked good...wahoo!), corn, stovetop stuffing, and canned cranberry sauce. I volunteered to make an apple or pumpkin pie, but Aaron said he didn't want either. I had made banana chocolate chip bread the night before, so that could serve as a nice dessert. I still have a slew of apples though that I need to use for something.
I taught my last adult ballet class last night. The next session starts in a few weeks. It was enjoyable and a good workout for me as well!
Well...I guess that's all. Thanks for listening and forgive me for not writing sooner! Missy :)

1 Comments:
Hi Missy~
Thanks for posting; I love reading your site too! I know you usually post on Thursdays, but I check it almost every day just in case....
That's a good idea - listening to a radio show while doing dishes. Clint uses the same strategy to listen to "Car Talk" Sunday nights. Not that I'm complaining. :-)
It was sweet to hear your story w/ your niece - can't believe she's 7 mos. already!
Well, take care & Happy Belated Turkey Day to you guys!
love, Heidi
Post a Comment
<< Home