Sunday, May 04, 2008

What a week...

Hello all. Well...where do I start? How about with a good deal story? I needed a new purse. Need is a funny word. Do I have old purses? Yes. Are they dirty or broken or well-used or faded? Yes. So....I needed a new purse. I got a $10 off $10 purchase coupon for Penney's in the mail. I decided to try and buy the cheapest purse I could find or closest to $10. I realized that I don't like a lot of the purses that are in "fashion" now. I like a normal conservative purse. So, I found the cheapest purse there. Originally $26 on doorbuster deal for 50% off. So...that would be $13. Minus my coupon would make it $3 total. It was very hard for me to continue to buy it. I really like using my $10 off $10 coupon to get something for $10.25 and then pay $.25. To pay $3 seemed like a ton of money. :) I decided to buy it because I truly needed it and I wouldn't find a new purse for $3 anywhere else. When I got to the cash register, it rung up at $18...minus the coupon...and the lady wanted me to pay $8. I said, "Isn't it 50% off? Which would make it $13?" As she called the purse department to find out, I noticed a sign by the cash register called "Penney's Pricing Policy." It basically said that if your purchase rings up for more than it's supposed to be they'll promptly refund the difference and give you a $5 gift card. Well...I was right. It ws 50% off, so it rung up wrong. I mentioned the pricing policy and the sales lady didn't have a clue nor did the other sales lady near her. She asked the manager...and lo and behold...they DO have a pricing policy and I was entitled to my $5 gift card. So...I paid my $3.20 for my purse, and then they gave me my $5 gift card. So..I guess they paid me to buy a purse. Wahoo! So...I get to go back to see what I can buy with $5. Isn't God good?

To start, we put a bid on a house last weekend. This house to be exact. http://danberry.com/danberry/dansite/searchdetail.php?PPropertyType=26&MLNumber=4635799&IsDNB=No&Print=1

I enjoy looking for houses online. I do this frequently. Aaron is very picky about what he wants. He wants to live close to church...but not in a city so he can get deliveries. He wants a house that comes with a shop/extra building/big garage for his business. So, when I found that house...I saw that it came with a 3 car garage and a barn. And a house house. Sounded promising. We went to look at it last Saturday and Aaron was amazed. It came with 2 barns and the garage and the house. The barns are new too. Not old and rickety. The house is old though. It was built in 1900. The inside of it kind of reminds me of our house now. It's very outdated. Think 60's or 70's. It doesn't have electrical outlets in the upstairs bedrooms or central heating. Just big radiators everywhere. It's a very charming house with lots of potential. We bid $120,000 because of all the work the house needs. On Saturday night, I went to sleep feeling slightly anxious, stressed out, and overwhelmed. I then woke up e
arly Sunday morning, feeling gross. Think stomach flu symptoms. It was not fun. So...I was out of commission all day Sunday. We went to CARE group that night so people could pray for me and because I was bored of laying around all day. On Monday, we definitely put the bid in (I think) and I felt better. It was a good day. On Tuesday, I felt gross again. On Wednesday, I felt good then gross. On Thursday, I woke up feeling gross and was late for work because of the grossness. On Friday, I felt better. Saturday was much better. Today too. I'd never had gastrointestinal symptoms as part of anxiety before. It's horrible. Not feeling right. Not being hungry for anything...yet being hungry. I signed up for a clinical research study at a psychiatrist's office down the road that is doing an investigational study regarding a medicine for generalized anxiety disorder. So...for the next 2 months, they pay me to go to see the psychiatrist and take the medicine (it could be a real medicine or a placebo). I went to the women's worship conference this weekend and it was awesome. I've been thankful for the constant prayers of my family and friends through this whole thing. Regarding the house...the sellers counteroffered at $130 and then we counteroffered at $125. We haven't heard a definite yes or no...but we may not be able to afford to sell our house through a realtor due to the high commission fees. There are a lot of hoops that we still have to jump through, so I'm trusting that God has my best interests at heart. Continue to pray for the following: God's peace to overwhelm me and to transcend my understanding. For God's will to be done regarding the buying/selling of the house. Thank you for reading and praying! Missy :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

missy...only YOU could get a store to PAY YOU to shop there!! I hope things smooth out for you. blessings, ellen

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home