2 weeks and a day
Hi- Well...it's been 2 weeks and a day since starting my new job. At times, it seems like I've been working there forever. In other ways, I feel so clueless! Oh...the adventures I've been on! I started on Friday...and the following Wednesday, I was in Columbus at a conference for 3 days. It was a great way to bond with my new co-workers and learn lots of stuff about drug addiction. I went to a 6 hour seminar about drugs and street smarts. I got to look at and touch all kinds of drugs...and I don't feel nearly as naive as before. We got to go to Easton each night after the conference and we went to Cheesecake Factory and P.F. Chang's...and I get meal reimbursement. Yeah!!! It was surely nice to be home though. We had someone come to look at the house on Tuesday night, but we haven't heard anything. Yesterday was my first day at Bowling Green Junior High. I helped with 7th grade orientation and did little presentations about who I am and what I do. It was nice to get a taste of what I'll be doing and who I'll be working with. The 7th grade guidance counselor is also new this year...and I happen to know her. Her name's Rachel. We both went to Maumee and she took at Toledo Ballet when we were in high school. It's nice to be clueless with someone else!! Today, I went to a New Employee luncheon at BG Country Club sponsored by BG Chamber of Commerce. It was quite nice and I got to see lots of BG big whigs. This afternoon, I got to spend a few hours at Bowling Green High School in my beloved office. My dear sister in Christ who works at Penta doing the same job that I do, came to pray with me over my office. She even went and bought special anointing oil and had the oil prayed over at the prayer center. We prayed that evil would flee and that there would be a shift as I take over the job. We rid my office of any remnants of the past. It was awesome!! This weekend, I'm planning on going to Kohl's and Penney's. I got 2 coupons this week for $10 off $10. Those are my favorite kinds of coupons to get. So...good shopping for me is on my horizon. Continue praying for me....that God's will would be accomplished through me at my new job. I'm excited to meet students and get started. Thanks for reading!! Love, Missy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home