Where has she gone?
I'm sure you've been thinking, "Does Missy remember that she still has a blog??.....Missy must be pretty busy if she hasn't posted in awhile..." I don't know why I've gotten out of the habit of posting. If anyone still checks to see if there's anything new, 2 points for you! Has the last month been especially busy? No...not at all. I'm getting into the swing of things at my new job. I've been teaching ballet on Saturday mornings. I've been going to bible study on Tuesday nights. I've been trying to go to sleep about 20 minutes earlier than my usual bedtime of 10:00 due to my early morning wake up at 5:44 am. I have to be out of the house at 7 am sharp to make it to school on time by 7:30. I usually get home from school around 4:10ish. I've taught LifeSkills for the past 9 weeks at the Junior High. I've really enjoyed it. I like junior high kids...surprisingly. Some of them get so excited about talking about drugs and alcohol...and they ask great questions like, "If cigarettes are so bad for you, why are they legal?" I've also been teaching LifeSkills in the health classes at the HS (mostly to 9th and 10th graders). That's not nearly as fun as the junior high. Most of the high schoolers just look at me and don't participate in discussions. The obnoxious ones who are the class clowns like to participate, but usually not appropriately. Some great relationships are beginning to develop with some of the high school girls that are a part of Teen Institute. Teen Insitute (aka "TI") is a drug/alcohol free group for teens that emphasizes peer to peer prevention and leadership. As part of my job, I'm the TI advisor at both the JH and the HS. I love how some girls choose to stop by or hang out in my office when they have downtime. Yeah! That's what I wanted. We have Red Ribbon week coming up, and that's causing a significant amount of stress. There's so much preparation involved....and I've never done it before. I have a great plan of action planned...but now it's all about how to implement it. Please pray for the students at the HS to be delivered from the bondage of drugs and alcohol. I've had the opportunity to talk to quite a few parents lately who have kids who are using...and it's hard to hear the struggles they're going through...and how helpless they seem. Pray that I would have wisdom to guide them in the right direction. I guess that's about all. If I seem to be consumed by my job, it's because I am. At least right at this moment! Trust in God's faithfulness and cling to His promises! Love, Missy

1 Comments:
Glad to see a new post and hear how you've been Missy! I was thinking about you last night as I was watching Extreme Home Makeover - esp. when Rib was on. :-) Have a great week!
love, Heidi
Post a Comment
<< Home