The trip so far...
Hi all- I'm reporting live from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. We've just concluded the much anticipated wedding reception for Megan and Joel. Everyone has gone out to do karaoke and I'm babysitting Kayden and Corbin. I've decided to debrief through this blog so I won't forget everything that has happened so far.
On Thursday, we left Toledo at 12:30 on the dot. We had okay travels. The border crossing at Windsor into Canada was so easy. They didn't even look at any of our documentation. That was a first. I'm sure coming back into the U.S. won't be so easy. We arrived in Toronto in time for horrible rush hour/construction traffic. It put us behind by at least an hour. We took plenty of restroom breaks and gas station fill ups on the way as well. Did you know that Tim Horton's/Wendy's is at pretty much every rest area in Canada? We arrived at Megan's house around 10:30/10:45 on Thursday night. We blew up our incredibly uncomfortable and squishy air mattress and I was in bed by around midnight. Aaron (and everyone else) stayed up much later.
On Friday, all of the girls and Joel and Joel's family arrived at the church to set up for the reception. It was quite a complicated affair but it looked very nice when it was done. On Friday afternoon we got to go to Canadian Walmart to buy Aaron some dress pants, a belt, Smarties (Canadian M&M's), and Coffee Crisp candy bars. Aaron's mom made a yummy dinner for us and then we all went back to the church for a "rehearsal." Aaron and I sang together in the mikes for the first time. After that, we came home and all the guys went out for guys night. I got to sleep at 10. Wahoo. I love sleep.
On Saturday, we all got up to began taking turn taking showers. To get a better idea of everyone who is staying at Megan's...it's Aaron and I, Megan and Joel (and the kids), Mom and Robb, Lani and Dan, Kelli and Chopper (and Lexi). That's all....I think. I got to run to the Canadian grocery store by myself this morning because Aaron's Mom needed ingredients to make creme puffs for breakfast (which is what Megan requested). I wish I would've had more time to look around. Something memorable is that a block of cheese costs $8 in Canada. These poor Canadian people can't truly enjoy cheese if it's too expensive to buy!! Anyway, after we were ALL ready, we headed to the church by 1:30 for the "family pictures" experience. I, of course, was hungry by then, so Aaron and I stopped at Subway for lunch and ate it while the pictures started. By 4:00, the reception started. It started with a little wedding ceremony (though they actually got married at the end of May.) Then Aaron and I sang at the end of the ceremony. I think it went well. People cried so that must've meant it was good...I hope! Then we had dinner (lasagna, chicken fettucine alfredo, caesar salad, rolls, etc..). Then there were the toasts and more special music. After we got to eat wedding pie (instead of cake), we all came home. Megan and Joel got the kids ready for bed, and everyone left in their fancy clothes to do karaoke....even Mom and Robb which I think is hilarious. I've never done karaoke but I'm too much of a perfectionist to probably enjoy it. I wouldn't be able to sing along in a silly way. So, I'm content to sit in a NICE QUIET house and check my e-mail. I'll probably even go to sleep at a normal time. We'll see. Tomorrow, Kayden is getting dedicated at church and I believe Megan and Joel will be opening presents. We head back home to Toledo on Monday morning. Time sure has flown by. I think Aaron is really enjoying the time with his family which makes the whole trip worthwhile!! Thanks for listening! Missy :)
On Thursday, we left Toledo at 12:30 on the dot. We had okay travels. The border crossing at Windsor into Canada was so easy. They didn't even look at any of our documentation. That was a first. I'm sure coming back into the U.S. won't be so easy. We arrived in Toronto in time for horrible rush hour/construction traffic. It put us behind by at least an hour. We took plenty of restroom breaks and gas station fill ups on the way as well. Did you know that Tim Horton's/Wendy's is at pretty much every rest area in Canada? We arrived at Megan's house around 10:30/10:45 on Thursday night. We blew up our incredibly uncomfortable and squishy air mattress and I was in bed by around midnight. Aaron (and everyone else) stayed up much later.
On Friday, all of the girls and Joel and Joel's family arrived at the church to set up for the reception. It was quite a complicated affair but it looked very nice when it was done. On Friday afternoon we got to go to Canadian Walmart to buy Aaron some dress pants, a belt, Smarties (Canadian M&M's), and Coffee Crisp candy bars. Aaron's mom made a yummy dinner for us and then we all went back to the church for a "rehearsal." Aaron and I sang together in the mikes for the first time. After that, we came home and all the guys went out for guys night. I got to sleep at 10. Wahoo. I love sleep.
On Saturday, we all got up to began taking turn taking showers. To get a better idea of everyone who is staying at Megan's...it's Aaron and I, Megan and Joel (and the kids), Mom and Robb, Lani and Dan, Kelli and Chopper (and Lexi). That's all....I think. I got to run to the Canadian grocery store by myself this morning because Aaron's Mom needed ingredients to make creme puffs for breakfast (which is what Megan requested). I wish I would've had more time to look around. Something memorable is that a block of cheese costs $8 in Canada. These poor Canadian people can't truly enjoy cheese if it's too expensive to buy!! Anyway, after we were ALL ready, we headed to the church by 1:30 for the "family pictures" experience. I, of course, was hungry by then, so Aaron and I stopped at Subway for lunch and ate it while the pictures started. By 4:00, the reception started. It started with a little wedding ceremony (though they actually got married at the end of May.) Then Aaron and I sang at the end of the ceremony. I think it went well. People cried so that must've meant it was good...I hope! Then we had dinner (lasagna, chicken fettucine alfredo, caesar salad, rolls, etc..). Then there were the toasts and more special music. After we got to eat wedding pie (instead of cake), we all came home. Megan and Joel got the kids ready for bed, and everyone left in their fancy clothes to do karaoke....even Mom and Robb which I think is hilarious. I've never done karaoke but I'm too much of a perfectionist to probably enjoy it. I wouldn't be able to sing along in a silly way. So, I'm content to sit in a NICE QUIET house and check my e-mail. I'll probably even go to sleep at a normal time. We'll see. Tomorrow, Kayden is getting dedicated at church and I believe Megan and Joel will be opening presents. We head back home to Toledo on Monday morning. Time sure has flown by. I think Aaron is really enjoying the time with his family which makes the whole trip worthwhile!! Thanks for listening! Missy :)

1 Comments:
Missy...you and I sound SO much alike! I think I would have done the same thing you did...sit back and enjoy the quiet. It was good Aaron got to see so much of his family. Must make him a happy guy!
Blessings...Ellen
Post a Comment
<< Home